How much does a car wrap cost?
And for that matter, what would it cost to do a custom vinyl wrap for my truck, my trailer, my golf cart ...
As with many situations in life, the correct answer is "it depends." If you're looking for car and vehicle wraps in the Nashville TN area, read on! We're also happy to work with those of you outside our area.
Obviously, there is a big difference in designing and installing a wrap for a golf cart as compared with a custom trailer wrap, but the basic building blocks of a quote are the same.
We take several things into account when figuring up the cost of a vehicle wrap.
- how large is the total area to be wrapped?
- what are the surface conditions that the wrap material will be applied to? are there rivets, screws, corrugations, seams, etc. that will require additional attention and labor?
- how complex is the geometry to be wrapped? (a flat surface is a much different application than the spoiler and bumper of a car)
- how long is the wrap intended to stay on the vehicle?
- are there windows involved that need to be covered with perforated window film in order to complete the graphic layout in the wrap design?
- what are the design requirements? is the wrap primarily a solid color with some cut vinyl accents, or is there significant information and/or imagery that needs to be carefully planned around and incorporated into the custom wrap design? is the client bringing artwork to use in the wrap design, or are we starting "from scratch"?
- does the client bring us donuts? :)
Because vehicle wrap design is such a critical part of the whole process, we start with design as a separate activity. Based on the final wrap concept, we can then finalize the costs of a particular wrap.
Including the design activity, it's typical to see the fabrication and installation of full vehicle wraps for cars and vans be priced between $2,700 - $3,200 depending upon the factors listed above.
Sometimes a full wrap isn't necessary to accomplish what you're trying to do with vehicle advertising, and partial vehicle wraps can be a great option to consider. Partial wraps can still be extremely effective from a visual and marketing perspective - we'll help you work within your budget!
A Quick Word on Solid Color Wraps / Color Change Wraps
It's important to note as well that solid color wraps (such as the popular matte black wrap) generally require more labor and attention to finishing details than do full color vehicle wraps. With full color wrap graphics, the vehicle's original paint color often blends in visually in locations such as door seams where the wrap doesn't cover the paint.
However, this isn't always the case for solid color wraps, where the vehicle's original paint can really stick out like a sore thumb if all the visible regions haven't been fully covered. As such, we generally remove quite a bit of body hardware in order to make sure that solid color vehicle wraps thoroughly cover all the nooks and crannies. The additional labor associated with this level of detail can increase the cost of this type of vehicle wrap by 25-35% relative to a multi-color vehicle wrap.
GENERAL COSTS SUMMARY (for most cars, vans, trucks)
- Wrap design: $250 (partial wrap) -$350 (full wrap), including up to 2 revisions
- Partial wraps: typically $1,200 - $2,000 after design is complete
- Full wraps: typically $2,200 - $2,700 after design is complete
- Color change full wraps: typically $2,800 - $4,000
Ready to get specific about your wrap project?
Effective mobile advertising can also be accomplished with partial wraps as well as with combinations of full color decals and cut vinyl lettering. So, if a full wrap budget isn't within reach right now, don't despair! We'll help you create a wrap design and vehicle graphics that fit your budget. Car wrap advertising is one of the most effective means of advertising currently available!
Did you find this article useful? Join our free mailing list and we'll send you something similar every week.
12-Point SignWorks provides attractive and effective commercial signage including custom car wraps, vehicle graphics, lobby signs, indoor business signs, and outdoor commercial signs.
We provide our services to customers located in Williamson, Davidson, and Maury counties of Tennessee including the cities of Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, and Spring Hill. We also enjoy relationships with clients nationwide from coast to coast.
Call us now at 615-595-6564 or contact us via email. We are located at 1120 Lakeview Dr, Ste. 900, Franklin, TN 37067.